In this privacy declaration we’ll explain which personal data we collect and use, and for which purpose. We advise you to carefully read this declaration.
Privacy declaration PEAKZ
PEAKZ’ mission is to make funding easier for athletes. Through our website we want to show investors (and the world) that there’s a funding problem, and people like you believe that scoutfunding should exist. To reach that goal we process privacy-sensitive information, also known as personal data. In some cases we do this in cooperation with other organizations or companies.
We highly believe that care needs to be taken when handling personal data. That’s why we go through great lengths to secure and process this personal data. We do this in compliance with privacy legislation (such as GDPR). This means we:
- Clearly state the intent behind processing personal data. We state this through this privacy declaration;
- Limit the collection of personal data to only that which is necessary for the goals for which personal data is processed;
- Ask you first for explicit consent to process your personal data in cases where consent is required;
- Do not share your personal data with third parties, unless this is necessary to perform a requested service, you gave us permission or if we’re legally required to;
- Make clear agreements with third parties in case your personal data is shared with said third parties. These agreements will, among other things, state that your personal data is not allowed to be processed for goals beyond the scope of the third-party cooperation;
- Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, and also demand this from parties processing personal data on behalf of us;
- Respect your rights to view, correct or remove any personal data that we have stored which belongs to you.
Use of personal data
Using our website means leaving behind certain data. That could be personal data. Depending on the services or functionality you use on our website or e-mails (newsletters), we will process these points of personal data:
- Email address;
- Date of birth;
- Sports interest(s);
- Information you’ve disclosed in open fields;
- Information in chat, contact forms or in an email you’ve sent us;
- Your interest in a specific PEAKZ product or service;
- Your browsing behavior on our website.
Provision to third parties
We could distribute your email address (hashed) to third parties such as Google, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other digital platforms for marketing services to benefit PEAKZ.
When we share your data with third parties, we’ll make use of a data-processor agreement to prevent your personal data from being used for other means.
Profiling and cookies
We combine your personal data from several sources (such as the data you’ve filled out) in order to grant you the best online experience.
By combining your data we’re able to make personalized offers and content through our newsletter. In this way we can give better and more targeted information regarding promotional offers. This could prevent that you view content and promotions on various websites, that are less interesting to you.
Securing and storing
We take befitting security measures to prevent misuse and unauthorized access to your personal data. We ensure that only the necessary people have access to this data, that access to this data is protected and our security measures are frequently checked. We do not store data longer than necessary.
This means that we save data as long as it’s necessary to supply you with your requested service. Exception to this is data that we need to store for longer periods due to legislative requirements.
Third party websites
This declaration is not applicable to third-party websites that are connected to our websites through links. We can’t guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable, secure way. Before making use of said websites, always read their privacy declaration for more information on how they handle your personal data.
If you are 16 years or younger, you are not allowed to use our website without your parent’s or guardian’s permission.
Changes in this privacy declaration
We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy declaration. Changes will be published on our website. Your data will never be used for other means without your consent. It’s therefore advised to regularly check this privacy declaration, so you will always be up-to-date of any changes.
Right to view and change your data
You have the right to view, change, remove or transfer your personal data. You also have the right to limit or protest against the processing thereof.
To do this, you can always contact PEAKZ’ customer service via email@example.com.
To prevent misuse, we ask you - during times of a written request to view - to identify yourself by providing us with a copy of a legally valid form of identification. Don’t forget to obscure your social security number (BSN in the Netherlands) and picture.
Authority on personal data
Of course we’ll help you if you have complaints regarding the processing of your personal data. If, in spite of this, we cannot come to an agreement, then the privacy law grants you the right to file a complaint with the privacy supervisor, the Authority Personal Data (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens in the Netherlands). To do this you can contact the Authority on Personal Datas.
This privacy declaration commenced on the 1st of June 2019.
Contact details PEAKZ B.V.
Address: Mauritskade 55C, 1092 AD Amsterdam
Chamber of Commerce registration number: 74050184